Thursday, April 26, 2012

FAST TEMPO


Thursday, April 26, 2012

                I had grape nuts for breakfast and a smothered taco at Las Glorias with Corey for lunch.

                At just before 4:00 p.m. I started my walk; every other day is working well for me at the present. I walked past the church to 800 South, west to Redwood Road then south to Centennial Boulevard and around the Centennial building. From there I walked along Parkway Boulevard to the next subdivision road on the left where I went west on that road and took the sidewalk to Redwood Road. I went to the next road and took the sidewalk and road to Parkway Boulevard and north again. I kept going back and forth between Redwood and Parkway Boulevard all the way to Saratoga Drive where I went east toward home walking through the two circles in our ward.

                For whatever reason my body wanted to walk fast (fast for me) and I kept it up the whole way though near the end the body wanted to slow down some but I forced myself to maintain the faster speed.

                I walked for 2:04:13 hours, 6.74 miles at an average speed of 3.3 mph. I burned 778 calories.

                Two times ago I told myself that my immediate goal was to walk for two hours. I guess I need to come up with a new immediate goal now.

No comments: