Thursday, June 14, 2012

BUSY DAY


Thursday, June 14, 2012

                It’s been a busy day. After a bowl of three different kinds of cold cereal I dropped in on Tom, my chiropractor and got an adjustment. From there I went for my first visit with my new counselor, Jay Steineckert to work on my depression and panic attacks. He is a former bishop and very personable. We spent much of the hour laughing—and asking and answering questions etc. I told him about the traumatic times in my childhood and my relationship with my Grandfather Jepson. We talked about my dreams and after telling him a couple of them and telling him I have them on computer he said he had to have a copy of them. He said that for next time, 5th of July he wanted me to tell him my three happiest and saddest memories.
                From there I went to Costco, ate a polish sausage and had a Diet Coke, then went to the hearing aid department. I was there yesterday. Nick said that I was borderline needing hearing aids; then he told me that theirs was one of three Costcos that was going to do a trial test on two to eight people each to try out a new hearing aid and he said that I was an ideal candidate. Today we did some more tests then he made an impression of my ears. The new hearing aids are blue tooth and had some other features and that I can link it to my cell phone and push a button I have clipped onto my shirt and talk on the phone. There is another thing-a-ma-bob that you can plug in into the TV and even if it is on mute I can hear it through the hearing aids. Maybe I will have to reintroduce myself to television…yuck!
                From there I got the van cleaned, inside and out.
                At 6:30 I had a massage appoint with Emily at Massage Envy. I got there twenty minutes early. Emily (the same girl that gave Judy and me massages a few days ago) saw me and took me in and gave me a wonderful hour and forty-five minute going over.
                I have another appointment for the twentieth to concentrate on another are. I guess I am one big knot that needs untying.

                Jim flew in this evening. I think he has a week off but I don’t know if he will be here the whole time.

No comments: