Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Walk and Run mostly walk


Wednesday, June 06, 2012 6:30 p.m.


                I finally forced myself out of the house and went on one my walks. I think I ran (if you can call it that) for a quarter of a mile or so letting my knees dictate what I did. As usual I met a lot of people along the way and had to visit of course. Fortunately the app on my phone pauses when I do and restarts when I get going again. I walked up to Redwood Road then over to Sherilyn and Marlon’s house. I didn’t knock because I knew they would be at the church for their daughter Rosemary’s wedding reception. I stopped in there before I came home.           
Kevin’s parents are originally from Jamaica but live in Illinois now.
 I don’t know if their children were born there or in the states. We had a good short talk. Kevin’s brother and his wife and three children were there. His wife is oriental. Their three daughters are really cute with the black, oriental combination.
                While on my walk I saw the bishop out watering his garden and we visited for a minute or so. As I was walking away, Zan Oviatt and Mathew Davila came running, hitting me on the butt and running away. Finally I was able to escape.
                After that I ran into Don Dixon who was on his way home from his walk as usual he had walked up to the Centennial Chapel, coming back by way of Redwood Road.
    
           I walked for 52:21 minutes for a distance of 2.74 miles. I burned 287 calories. I walked an average speed of 3.1 MPH.

No comments: