Monday, August 20, 2012

They're Growing Up

Monday, August 20, 2012
            Bailey is a math and science person while Jayden is the better reader. I few years ago I would have thought that Bailey would never be into anything scholastic.
            Last week when I was at their house I saw a work book for doing over the summer. It was for Jayden but Stacey had made a copy of it and gave it to Bailey. When I was looking at it, it was turned to a math page. It had algebra and geometry; stuff I didn’t learn until high school in fact there was some stuff that Corey and I had no clue as to what was/how to solve/work. I don’t know if Bailey knew how to do that one particular problem as it was a little bit farther down the page from where she was.
            I said, “So Bailey, are you going be a math teacher when you get older?”
            She answered, “If it includes science.”
            I thought, “Wow, this is my cute little Bailey…well, she is going into the sixth grade.”
            I fell old.

            On the other hand Jayden talks about when he is a star in the NFL. I asked him how far he was into his packet. I don’t remember his exact answer but it sounds like he hasn’t spent much time on it…at least he is forever talking about the storyline in this or that book.

No comments: