Friday, September 07, 2012

SWIMMING AND YOGA


Friday, September 07, 2012

                 Wednesday I picked Bailey up after school and took her home to get ready for swim team at the Lehi Legacy Center.
                I guess Corey was picking her up afterwards; anyway I left.
                The fire alarm went off while she was swimming and everyone had to leave the building and leave their stuff in their lockers. They were told that everything in the lockers would be taken to the lifeguard station.
                Yesterday, even though Stacey didn’t have to work, I still took Bailey to swim so Stacey could go to Jayden’s football practice. She has been feeling guilty that she has been spending too much time at Bailey’s activities and not enough at Jayden’s.
                When we got to swim, Bailey already had her swimsuit on. She has been changing at home after she gets home for school lately. When we got there, she went into the dressing room and showered. Her coach is now insisting everyone showers before getting in the pool.
                I went into the lifeguard station to retrieve her swim bag and stuff. They didn’t know what I was talking about but looked around anyway. They suggested I see if they had it at the front desk, after taking a quick look, they said no but the lifeguard station is supposed to have it.
                I suggested to Bailey that she check the locker she had used the day before. Sure enough it was there, still in the locker.
                I climbed the stairs to the observation area, sat down and watched Bailey swim for over an hour.
                I don’t remember her coming up, but I found Bailey standing next to me and telling me that we should go. I stood up and immediately got lightheaded. I stood there hanging onto the rail for a while then went to the head of the stairs. At that point I got really dizzy and grabbed on. Bailey looked at me and said, “Grandpa, are you OK?” I said “no” and stood there for maybe five minutes before I felt good enough to walk down the stairs. (Jayden several times has asked if I was ok. In fact he has done so quite a few times. If we were at his house he would tell me that it is ok if I go home. He has been really good  that way; caring.)
                I have been lightheaded a lot lately, especially when I first stand up. It’s has gotten worse lately. It used to be that it was only when I stood up after lying down. Now it happens sometimes when I get up from sitting. Other times though I won’t get dizzy/lightheaded at all.
                I used to say that it only happened when I saw a pretty young girl.
                I think I should go talk to the doctor about it. She might just tweak my meds.

Back to Bailey; yesterday when I picked her up after school she talked all the way home and again from home to the Legacy Center. Today she was quiet. I don’t remember if I asked her or what, but after a while she said, “I have so many things going on in my head.” That might not be the exact words.

                This morning at 8:30 I was at Bodhi Yoga for an hour and a half of yoga. This was the fourth time I have gone. The first two times I went to the Bodhi Yin Restorative class. (They all last an hour and a half.)
The next time I went to a different kind. Easy they said. I thought I was going to die trying to do these crazy poses. Today it was BodhiFlow Gentle Vinyssa. It might have been gentle/easy for the rest of the class but I really struggled and some of the stuff I couldn’t  do at all. At one point, the young girl to my left was standing on her head and stayed there for quite a while.
                There is a man that has been in three (?) of my classes who is in his eighties. He has been doing it for over ten years.  There are a few things he won’t do but he is pretty good. His speech and mannerisms remind me of Uncle Sandy but he is in really good shape.
                I was surprised to hear that one of the ladies who sometimes teaches in seventy and I think she can do anything.
She is one of the women who babysit me and make sure I am all right and tells me not the try this or that, and I can rest anytime I need etc, etc.
                After class I asked her which class she thought I should be in. She said to go back to the  Bodhi Yin Restorative class for a while.
                Today’s class had a whole bunch of “other” young women was from Menlo Park, California and another one was from Logan. I found out later that they were there for instructor training. The session after “mine” was all for them.
                I guess this is one of the best studios around. The main instructor seems to be very good.

No comments: