Monday, October 29, 2012

RIP...Oups

Monday, October 29, 2012
Today I drove to Provo Town Centre Mall to check out my new favorite bookstore. It is on the upper level of the mall near Dillard’s. I can’t remember the name of the bookstore but it is run by a high priest. In fact he taught the lesson in Priesthood Meeting yesterday. he has a lot of good deep-thinking type books including the ones I bought while back and today. The last one is Spiritual Vision by Cohan and Cohan. The first Cohan was a Jewish rabbi who converted to the LDS Church while serving as a dentist in Korea during the war. The one I bought today, God’s Covenant Race was written by or a compilation of church talks by James H. Anderson the second edition was printed in 1938. He was called as a member of the General Board of the Young Men’s Mutual Improvement Association in 1907. He was born in Salt Lake City 11 February 1857.
The book is pretty deep…the kind I like. I am just getting started…we shall see.

The reason I started this entry; before I got distracted is to tell you I got a text from Corey while I was in the mall. It reads, “You should come out to JC Penney and buy me some new jeans since I just ripped the butt out of mine and don’t have any money to buy myself some.”

When I was deciding to go to the mall, I was thinking I should go to Southtowne Mall but I decided to go to the other one instead because that is where my book store is. I texted him back and told him I was on my way. The “RIP” (rest in peace?) was huge, maybe eight inches long.

No comments: