Thursday, October 18, 2012

WINGERS

Wednesday, October 17, 2012
                Tonight Judy and I met Niki, Alexa, Gavin and Gracie at Wingers on 136th and Bangerter for dinner. Niki’s three especially Alexa and Gavin were their usual noisy silly selves.
                When it came time to order dinner Niki started to tell the waitress what Alexa wanted. Alexa shouted out, “I want to tell her” and repeated “I want a grilled cheese sandwich.” Audrey, our waitress was very cute about addressing Alexa and repeating back, “You want a grilled cheese sandwich.”
                A little later, Niki called her friend Gail whose birthday is near Christmas so everyone calls her, Noel. Alexa asked her mom, “Who are you calling?” to which Niki replied, “Saint Nick,”
                Alexa didn’t hear her well and asked in a loud voice; “Satin; your calling Satin?”
                We all got a good laugh over that one.
                That reminded Niki about a conversation she had with Gavin the other day in the car. She asked him, “Are you going to go on a mission?” or maybe it was, “Where do you want to go on a mission.”
 He started bawling, “I don’t want to go on a mission.” Niki asked him why he didn’t want to go on a mission and he said; because when I get home I’ll have to get married and I don’t want to get married.”
                Niki said he repeated it over and over again; “I don’t want to go on a mission because I don’t want to get married.”
                Tonight at dinner she asked him again and got the same response. She asked him what he wanted to do; “Stay home and live with us?” to which he laid his head on her shoulder and said, “Yes, I want to stay with you.”

                For a long time Gavin and I have been playing the game of me saying I am Gavin and him saying he is Grandpa. I brought it up again tonight to which he said; “I don’t want to play that anymore.”
                Gavin is three and Alexa is six.

No comments: