Sunday, August 17, 2008

emotional good-bye

Saturday, August, 16, 2008 Alexa, Gavin, Greg and Niki left today on a plane to go back to their home in Arizona. I think it was a blessing for Judy and me that we had them at our place first and that they left from Greg’s parent’s after a good long visit with them. That way it wasn’t such an emotional shock for us as it was for Lynn and Dave. They; Lynn especially were in tears even before Judy and I showed up to take the kids to the airport. At Niki’s discreet suggestion, Judy and I got back in and waited in the mini-van while they said their final goodbyes, though they followed them to the car and the emotional good-byes continued in the driveway. Judy and I held our composure which, I hope at least, made it easier on them to say good bye to us at the airport. It is not so traumatic for us as we can fly free whenever we wish and can drop in on them time to visit. For more on their visit see their blog listed to the right.

No comments: