Wednesday, May 09, 2012

and here comes Fred, limping around the corner...

Wednesday, May 09, 2012
Today instead of eating lunch, I went for a walk. I walked to the corner of 1700 West and Pioneer Crossing and back. The last half mile or so I could barely move. Yesterday I walked (or mountain climbed as I called it) around Niki’s neighborhood. We were meeting there to eat the leftover salad Judy had made for work. I got there early so I walked through her neighborhood which is on the side of the mountain in Herriman.
Yesterday I walked for 43 minutes, 1.8 miles, at an average speed of 2.5 mph and burned 180 calories. As I said, mountain climbing.
                Today I walked for 2 hours and 23 minutes for a distance of 6.69 miles at an average speed of 2.7 miles per hour and burned 662 calories.
                My knees are killing me.
        My goal(s) now are to, if I’m going south, to walk to the entrance of Talon’s Cove Golf Course and back and if I am going north to go to Scaddie’s which is on the corner of Lehi Main Street and 1700 West.
If I go to Scaddie’s I could stop and have a leisurely lunch before coming back home.
              Me thinks that I am in no hurry to go that distance just yet. Maybe Friday; the day after tomorrow I will just do the same as today.

No comments: