Tuesday, May 15, 2012

YOU WOULD THINK I WOULD LEARN

Tuesday, May 15, 2012
                I have slept very little the last three nights. My left leg has been killing me and my right leg jerks all night. For one thing I am wondering if our bed is bad for my back.
                The night before last I took 7.5 mg of Hydrocodone (generic for Lortab) a prescription pain killer,  10 MG of Cyclobenzaprine (generic for Flexeril) a prescription muscle relaxant and 800 mg of Ibuprofen. It only helped a little. All three nights I spent a lot of time in the living room doing stretching exercises and lying on my back rocking my knees back and forth from side to side. That helped a little but not enough. After the exercises I worked crossword puzzles for an hour and a half or so each night. One night I did that routine twice. I need to buy a new crossword puzzle book.
                Last night I took the medication earlier in the evening and again early in the morning. Finally I got some relief.
                Dummy me; today a little before noon I went for a walk. I walked through the subdivision; through the second ward to Redwood Road, north on Redwood Road to Pioneer Crossing, east to 2300 West/Saratoga Road and south to home. The last hour and the last mile and a half I was in much discomfort. A block or so from home every time I stood up straight I felt like I was going to walk backwards. I sometimes had to put my arms out for balance, to keep from falling over. As I was approaching the house my app on my phone said I was going one mile an hour.
                I walked for three hours and four minutes for a distance of 7.57 miles at an average speed of 2.5 mile an hour and burned 735 calories. I took 12186 steps.
                Because I have gained back a few pounds I hadn’t eaten since last night when Judy and I went out for pizza in The Ranches so I was a little weak to begin with.

No comments: