Thursday, November 22, 2012

GAVIE WAVIE AGAIN

Thursday, November 22, 2012 a couple of Gavinisms
The other day, Gavin and I drove to the airport to pick up the gang from Minnesota. Grandma Bev Dean age 84 is dying or so it seems. Judy has been spending much of her time back there. Chris and Lyn along with Sierra, Niki, Alexa and Gracie went back for a few days to see her too. Gavin and I had time to kill and had a lot of conversations before we got the call from Niki saying they were ready to be picked up. As we were driving to the airport I kept singing a song that was going around and around in my mind. Finally Gavin got tired of it and said “stop singing”. I laughed. At that he said “stop singing and stop laughing. It is noisy”. The song was still stuck in my head and after a few minutes I started singing it again and again Gavin reminded me to stop singing.
After that he got on a wanting to drive to Minnesota thing. I tried to explain to him that it would be a long, long drive and we would have to get a hotel room. He said “Can’t we sleep in the car?” I told him we needed to wait and get his mom and Alexa and Gracie and Sierra. That didn’t seem to sink in or make a difference; he kept up the “let’s drive to Minnesota” thing.  After that Gavin said “Grandpa, text a girl but don’t tell her I said to do it.”
Finally Niki called, we drove up into the parking structure and parked.
Gavin and I jumped out of the car and ran for the bathroom as the girls got in the car.

How old is Gavin, four?

No comments: