Wednesday, July 29, 2009

CAMPING PART 2

WEDNESDAY, JULY 29, 2009 Yesterday morning I drove back to the campsite at Mirror Lake to help Chris and Lynn tear down camp. By the time I got there around 11:00, they had gotten a lot of it done. We finished getting ready to go including putting what belongs to me and some other odds and ends into my Camry and we drove to Heber City and ate lunch at the Dairy Keen. The Dairy Keen has modal trains running around the ceiling and a Harry Potter train display with a small train that goes from end to end including going through a tunnel when you insert a quarter. From there we drove to the Heber Valley Railroad station and took the 3:00 p.m. train ride to and along the north shore of Deer Creek Reservoir. We sat in an open-air car next to the caboose and on the return trip all of us except Lynn spent some time on the end platform—the end part of the caboose. Later this evening everyone except Jim and his two came to our place to swim and have a barbeque at the pavilion. We cooked burgers and hotdogs on one of the two built-in grills that are part of the pavilion. Jim had to work rolling sushi downtown at Simply Sushi. As a side note, when Corey and his gang showed up, Bailey ran into the house, asked where Wyatt was and tore off into the basement to be with him. They are both the same age. Wyatt seemed to enjoy Bailey’s attention and was very open and friendly with her.

1 comment:

chris jepson said...

I guess I better propose before Bailey beats me to it then I wont be able to....haha